This recipe only takes half an hour to make. And for me it is great as I don’t always know that I want some mulled wine..
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 bitter orange peel
- 1 teaspoon cardamom seeds
- 3 star anise
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 dl (0,4 cup) Sugar (you can use less if you want)
- 1 bottle of dry red wine
- 1,5 dl (0,6 cup)water
- 0,5-1 dl (0,4 cup) vodka, rum or brandy (optional, but it gives it a good taste)
- Pour water into a cooking pan, add the sugar and herbs.
- Heat it up, and then let it simmer under a lid for 20-25 minutes.
- Strain, and then add the wine and alcohol.
- Serve with some peeled almonds and raisins.
You can add the star anise to the cup when you serve, just because it looks nice.
Recipe and photo Malin Nordblom, Fab Foodie Swede
If you wan’t to use the photos please e-mail me first at firstname.lastname@example.org