This is a version of mulled wine that everyone can drink! You can make it with blackcurrant juice or non-alcoholic wine. I would use blackcurrant juice if it’s for kids at least.￼￼INGREDIENTS
- 1 bottle of non alcoholic red wine or 75 cl of redcurrant juice.￼
1-2 tablespoons Sugar
5 whole cloves
3 star anise
3 pieces of bitter orange peel or 1 piece of dried ginger￼
1 cinnamon stick￼￼￼
- Mix the juice if you don’t use non-alcoholic wine￼￼. The juice should be pretty strong.
- Cook all the herbs with 3 dl juice or the non-alcoholic wine￼alcoholic wine, let it simmer for 20 minutes. If you have time at the herbs today before you cook them! That way you have a more powerful taste!￼￼
- Remove the herbs and add the rest of the liquid and the sugar. Start with 1 tablespoon of sugar, taste and see if you want to add more.
- Heat it all up, and serve in little mugs with some raisins and peeled almonds.￼￼￼￼￼
Recipe and photo Malin Nordblom, Fab Foodie Swede
If you wan’t to use the photos please e-mail me first at email@example.com