There is 1 trillion ways to cook a pasta Bolognese. This is one of them! When I cook it this way my son loves it a bit extra! INGREDIENTS
- 500 g of minced beef
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 0,5 dl olive oil
- 1 dl red wine, or water
- 3 tablespoons tomato purée
- 400 gram crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 0,5 teaspoon dried thyme
- 0,5-1 teaspoon salt
TO SEASON AND SERVE
Freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- Put a large sauce pan on a medium heat and add some Olive Oil
- Add the onion, celery and carrot to the pan and let them simmer until they are a bit soft, not brown!
- Add garlic to the pan and let it simmer for another minute or two. It should not become brown!
- Add half of the minced beef, let it fry not boil. Add the rest of the minced beef.
- When the minced beef is done add the tomato purée. Let it simmer for a minute or two.
- Add the wine (or water), and bring to boil and then let it simmer.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, thyme, oregano and bay leaf.
- Bring to the boil, and then reduce to a gentle simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for at least 20 minutes and stir occasionally. The last 10 minutes cook the spaghetti.
- Serve with boiling hot spaghetti and some grated Parmigiano Reggiano on top.
© Recipe and photo Malin Nordblom, Fab Foodie Swede
If you wan’t to use the photos or content please e-mail me first at email@example.com