A classic Swedish Herring sandwich works very well as a starter. You use ready made herring, or pickle it yourself according to my recipe in another post.
- Pickled herring 125 gram, normally it weighs 200 grams with the brine .
- 2-3 Hard boiled eggs
- 1 Apple
- Dill, just a little
- Mayonnaise, 1/2 decilitre
- Half a red onion or a leek chopped in small pieces
- Cut the herring into small pieces.
- Chop the onion
- Cut the apple into small pieces
- Slice the dill
- Mix it all in a bowl.
- Add it on a piece of dark bread with some salad.
You can add other things like mango, shrimps or walnuts for example!
Text and photo Malin Nordblom
Fab Foodie Swede
If you wan’t to use the content or photos please contact: