How about a creamy cheese sauce with some tender potatoes to go with some nice tenderloin, chicken or what ever you like. I always serve with a green salad on the side. And don’t forget to use some nice cheese on top!
INGREDIENTS 4 persons
- 750 gram potatoes (1,65 pounds) If in U.K. or the States, use Russet potatoes or Idaho. In Sweden use Ratte or Amadine if possible.
- 2 medium sized yellow onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 dl heavy cream or cooking cream (2 cups) You get the best result with heavy cream!
- 1 dl full fat milk (0,45 cups)
- 150 gram cheese, at least (I normally mix a mild cheese with some Parmigiano Reggiano or some other mature cheese)
- 50 gram butter
- Salt and pepper
- Heat up the oven to 225 C. (400 F)
- Peel the potatoes
- Slice the potatoes thin, I use a mandoline or my mixer.
- Peel and cut the onion into thin slices.
- Grate the cheese.
- Sweat the onion, and squeeze in the garlic after awhile.
- Add everything into a cooking pan and let it cook for 10 minutes. Stir carefully so it won’t get burnt in the bottom. Add the salt and pepper after awhile.
- Then pour everything into a baking dish, and sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes!
- Voila! It’s done!
If you double the dish, you get the best result using two baking dishes!
By Malin Nordblom
Fab Foodie Swede
If you wan’t to use the content or photos please contact: