I’m a big meringue and chocolate lover so this is the perfect birthday cake for someone like me or my daughter. This is what she ordered for her birthday. It is both delicious, and except making the meringue the rest goes really fast! But don’t tell anyone;)
- 9 egg whites
- 5,25 dl granulated sugar (2,1 cup)
- 300 gram chocolate pieces, I used a Marabou Daim that I had crushed into small pieces. (1 cup)
- 3 table spoons cacao
- Heat oven to 125 C (250F)
- Line 2 flat baking sheets with non stick liner or baking paper.
- Whisk the egg whites and granulated sugar until stiff. It should stand up when you are lifting the blades.
- Add the chocolate pieces and the cacao. Stir so that it all blends together.
- Divide the mixture on the 2 baking sheets, and spread into circles.
- Bake for 1,5 hour and then turn the oven of and leave them there until you wan’t to use them. Preferably over night, or at least for some hours before decorating the cake.
INGREDIENTS AND INSTRUCTIONS FILLING
- 2-2,5 dl (1 cup) whisked cream, fill the middle layer with this.
- 4 dl (1,5 cup) whipped cream
- Add 3 tablespoons Nutella and stir until it is like a mousse.
- Spread the chocolate mousse on top of the cake.
- Grate some chocolate all overthe cake. And done!
- You could add some strawberries, raspberry or bananas on top or inside the cake. It is really good too!
Text and photo Malin Nordblom
Fab Foodie Swede
If you wan’t to use the content or photos please contact: