I did an interview with Joakim Nilsson who is running Lund’s best bakery, Broder Jakobs. He has been working at Klostergatans Vin & Delikatess and at Grand Hotel in Lund before.
What are you most proud over?
– Three kids and the coffee shop!
Do you bake at home?
– Not much, sometimes with the kids. And during Christmas.
Your favourite food country?
– Spain, the wholeness is so good there. It is simple with good ham, cheese and other nice produce.
A person that has inspired you?
– My brother, Mattias who was the one who open up the stone oven bakery before I took over.
Is there anything you would like to learn in the kitchen?
– Francis Mallman from Argentina is someone I would like to learn from. He is 100% confident in what he cooks. He is totally doing his own thing.
What food is the best to seduce someone with?
– It doesn’t matter what you cook, as long as you do it with your heart!
Your favourite kitchen gadget?
– The knife.
Your biggest food accident?
– There is something new happening everyday with my 3 year old. Fire, mess, anything can happen…
Your best food memory?
– At a small restaurant by Piemonte during a wine trip. We ate a simple pasta and the waiter grated fresh truffle over the pasta. And he never stopped. Everything was just right at that moment!
What is the most fun with running a bakery and a coffee shop?
– I still think the most fun is to meet new people all the time!
Interview and photo by Malin Nordblom
The interview was first published in Swedish at https://gourmet.se/nytt/joakim-nilsson/last year.