Such a dreamy and beautiful place. We just stumbled over it when we were out walking in Parma.Lucky that we are curious! The origins of the Botanical Garden dates back to the early 1600s. In 1770 the present Botanical Gardens were designed by the abbot Gianbattista Guatteri, the professor of Botany at Parma. The glasshouses completed the project of the Botanical Garden in 1793. The garden still has the same layout as it used too! It belongs to the University today, and is cared for by volonteers.
The garden is full of exciting plants, one of them is a Gingko Balboa from 1795! This place is definitely worth a visit!