I met up with Kajsa Åkerblom that has been working at several amazing places, on a boat, she had Glashuset at Värmdö, she opened up Torpedverkstan in Stockholm, she had restaurants and catering in Mexico and participated in and opened up Urban Deli. I asked her some questions.
Swedish or Mexican food?
What are your favorite ingredients?
– Garlic, coriander and chilli.
Your greatest credit
– Being able to join and open Urban Deli in Stockholm.
Do you cook in the evenings?
– I cook simple food in the evenings.
Why did you become a chef?
– Since I was 4 years old I have loved being in the kitchen, so it was an easy choice to make.
The best dining experience you’ve had?
– When my sister lived in Barcelona, we went up in a scaffold. And while eating we looked out over the whole city.
Where do you get your inspiration from?
– I get it by going out and eating, looking at places and things and by traveling.
What would you like to learn to cook?
– Molles by Donja’s grandmother in Mexico
Which dish is best to seduce someone with?
– Chocolate desserts and seafood! Not together though.
Do you have a favourite food story?
– When we had a wedding dinner in Mexico for 400 people without electricity and no water. Struggling, but we made it!
Interview and photo by Malin Nordblom
The interview was first published in Swedish at http://www.gourmet.se last year.
3 reaktioner till “Kajsa Åkerblom”
A really good chef