Gustaf Mabrouk is an outstanding chocolate maker and pastry chef. Last year he was awared as the World’s Best Pastry Chef by the International Bakery and Pastry Union (UIBC). He has also been leading the Swedish Pastry Team, he was the youngest Pastry Chef in Sweden to win the Pastry chef of the year when he was 19, he came at 3rd place inCoupe du Monde de la Pâtisserie 2014 and much more. You could say that he has some experince… His book The Chocolate Makers Hand Book is a beautiful and must have for all Chocolate lovers! (I actually gave mine away, need to get a new one!) I made a short interview with Gustaf:Läs mer
Sebastian is one of the team members of the Swedish Culinary Team that just competed in Stuttgart and got a silver medal! Here is a short interview with Sebastian:
How come you decided to be a pastry chef?
– I have always been interested of music, and been very much into that. And I wanted to learn something new during my gymnasie years, so I choose to learn this.
Most fun with working and competing with this?
– To be able to work with something that is my biggest passion.
What are you most proud of?
– The gold we won in 2018 during the Culinary Olympics.
Your favorite food country?
What inspires you?
– Other passionate chefs/pastry chefs Andra drivna kockar/konditorer i branschen.
What is the best to serve someone you like?
– Freshly made ice cream.
The most important kitchen gadget?
– The scale.
Can you share a food memory with us?
– A fantastic dinner in the Frech country side with locally produced food and wines. Magical!
Who has been the biggest inspiration for you?
– Fredrik Borgskog without any doubt.
What do you do in 5 years time?
– I would like to run a restaurant with chefs from the Culinary Team.
By Malin Nordblom
The interview was first published at http://www.gourmet.se in Swedish.