How does this sound, a Creamy burnt butter ice cream under a crispy blanket of Dulcey chocolate and cornflakes. Served with a fresh raspberry and lemon verbena dip.
INFREDIENTS ICE CREAM
Number of ice creams 10
- 150 g Arla® Swedish Butter
- 4 dl milk
- 2.5 dl cream
- 8 egg yolks
- 2 dl of raw cane sugar
INGREDIENTS DULCEY COATING
- 500 g Vahlrona Dulcey alt. white chocolate of better quality
- 150 g cocoa butter
- 200 g cornflakes (crushed)
- raspberry dip
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp lemon
- 100 g of raspberry
- 1 teaspoon chopped lemon verbena alt. mint
Tip: Dulcey Chocolate is a white / light chocolate with lovely tones of buttercream. Can be changed to white chocolate of better quality.
INSTRUCTIONS ICE CREAM
- Brown the butter; Put the butter in a saucepan and melt it on high heat. Continue to heat the butter while whisking until it has a golden brown color and nutty scent. It is important to whisk so that milk sugar and proteins are not burned. Use a thermometer. The butter is perfectly browned at 125 °. Remove from the heat and pour into a bowl or cool the saucepan quickly in a water bath.
- Heat milk and cream in a saucepan. Whisk egg yolks and sugar puffy. Pour the milk mixture over the egg mixture. Pour back into the saucepan and heat while stirring to about 83 °.
- Pour off the clarified butter. Stir down the bottom of the saucepan with milk mixture and egg butter and stir until even. Let cool. Run the batter in ice cream machine. Fill the ice cream in 10 pieces of ice cream and store in the freezer. Tip! Use the clarified butter that turns over when you brown butter to make a browned butter hollandaise or brown vegetables in it.
INSTRUCTIONS DULCEY COATING
- Melt chocolate and cocoa butter in water bath or micro, allow to cool slightly. Put in crushed cornflakes and then dip the ice cream in the batter and freeze again.
- Raspberry dip instructions
- Boil sugar, water and lemon, allow to cool slightly. Pour in raspberries and chopped lemon verbs and mash into the saucepan. Serve in a small bowl where you can dip the ice cream.
Text and photo Malin Nordblom
Fab Foodie Swede
If you wan’t to use the content or photos please contact:
Jimmi Eriksson, Anders Isaksson and Arla Svenskt Butter open up in the colonial garden on the rooftop of Söderhallarna, Stockholm in August where they will serve this and some others.
Thanks for letting me share this awesome recipe!